The classic fun shape for anyone coming off a softboard and looking to keep progressing their skills. Designed with a generous outline and lots of area through the nose for paddle power and stability, and a tapered tail shape that allows you to really start turning and controlling your board. We’ve built the Drifter in EPS/Epoxy construction to add a little extra floatation and buoyancy while reducing weight making it really manageable both in and out of the water. This is a board that will keep getting better as you improve.
- KEY FEATURE: The Drifter has a large sweet spot, meaning you can easily shift your weight forward and back while still maintaining a nice level of response. This makes it a super reliable, stable and fun board to ride.
- CURVES: Low-to-moderate rocker makes this board super easy to paddle onto waves and glide freely down-the-line. Subtle double concave through the tail helps perform flowing turns.
- SKILL LEVEL: Novice / Intermediate / Experienced
- SUGGESTED FINS: FCS II Performer (Fins are not included)
- IDEAL CONDITIONS: 0 – 4 Feet (Beach Breaks / Mellow Reef Breaks / Soft Point Waves)
- CONSTRUCTION: EPS Core + Timber Stringer / Fiberglass / Epoxy Resin.
- GLASSING: Deck – 6oz x 6oz, Bottom – 6oz x 4oz. FCS II System
There are literally thousands of islands peppered around our oceans. And along the coastlines of these islands, where the land meets sea, are the places we seek to ride. Be it surfing a perfect wave or cruising along a smooth stretch of foreshore pavement, there’s something that draws us to these islands and keeps us coming back for more. That thing is the feeling you get when it all clicks, and in that moment, you’re on island time. When the flow and timing is right, the tracks are pure, and your performance seems to extend beyond your capabilities. That feeling is also the very thing that embodies the philosophy of the Island brand. At the core of it, we design and make boards that turn your riding expectations into reality. And we do it through a collaborative approach that’s relaxed, yet considered. Because Island is more than any one shaper, designer or creative individual. In essence, Island is a collective of experienced and passionate surfers and coastal folk all working towards a common goal; to deliver a board that’s ready to respond when your defining moment happens.